Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Room 335: Wang Yao's Room

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Empty
PostSubject: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Wang Yao's room is a little bit nicer than some of the other rooms in the Asylum. Because his family has money, and he was placed into care by his family, they were able to provide better accommodations for him, in an attempt to make him feel more comfortable and at home.

Yao's room consists of a single twin bed with a red duvet. Occasional decorations from his home are scattered on the walls. By the window, he keeps a few pots of flowers. Unfortunately, due to the side of the house that he's on, it's hard to get enough sunlight for his flowers, so they struggle to survive, upsetting him when they die.

Room:
Room 335: Wang Yao's Room 11uiyw2
((Similar to this, but his bed is against the wall, and the window is on the side of the room facing the foot of the bed.))

Because Yao is not considered a danger to himself or others, he does have some freedoms in his room, such as being able to keep his flowers in flower pots, a small bathroom to himself, etc...

Yao spends a lot of time alone in his room, except for when he has to interact with others, something with he keeps to a minimum. He's quite content to just stay in his room, and wishes that the others at the hospital would understand that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Wang Yao paced back and forth in his room, muttering to himself. He hated his half-brother, yes, and that was on his mind. However, without his brother around, it hardly made sense to focus his distrust on him. He wasn't an immediate threat...but there were others....so many others.

For one, the doctors. Yao didn't trust them. In particular, there were two: Braginski, and Kirkland. Yao didn't really know why, but he was convinced that those two had it out to harm him, and he wanted to avoid them (above all else) as much as he possibly could.

He never knew what doctor he'd be seeing. That's what he hated most about this place: how random it was. It wasn't just the doctors either. One second everything would be quiet, with everyone at peace, and the next, someone would go into a panic, start screaming or crying, and would disturb everyone else.

These people were sick. Yao was convinced that he wasn't sick though...so why was he here? Well, now it was back to that half brother of his, forcing him here. He missed the rest of his family, and wanted to see them, but as long as he was considered a danger to one brother, he was considered a danger to the rest of them as well.

He went to the bathroom and splashed cold water on his face from the sink, trying to help himself calm down. He really was fortunate to have a bathroom like this, and he understood that. He was fortunate that he wasn't considered a danger to himself. He really wasn't a dangerous person...not to everyone. Only to those who he distrusted, and even then, it was only if they tried to hurt him first. That's what had happened with his brother. He'd been provoked into attacking him. That was all. He didn't deserve to be here because of it.

Drying his face on his sleeve, he went to the window, carefully adjusting his flowers, trying to make sure they all got as much sun as they could have. He hated watching them die.
Back to top Go down
Hong Kong

Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 pm

For a while now Hei had known that there was another person from China living in the asylum. He'd never really mustered up the courage to meet him face to face before. At first he had thought that they'd run into one another eventually on his guard duty, but no such luck. The other rather liked keeping to his room, and Hei had never had the chance to properly introduce himself.

He knew it was a generalization, but he had one of his last packages of Chinese tea with him, hoping that the other would like it. He knew from observation that the other wasn't a violent man, and if all went well perhaps Hei could share tea with him often. It was hard sharing the strong tea that he enjoyed at home with anyone else in America. No one else had quite the pallet for it.

Hoping that he wasn't making a huge mistake, Hei stood at the door for a few seconds before lightly knocking and waiting for a response. It couldn't be that bad, truly it couldn't. He was a strong individual, and it wouldn't seem weird for wanting to seek out someone who might understand you a little, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Yao sat up quickly at hearing the knock on the door. No one ever knocked anymore...they all knew that he wouldn't open the door for anyone. All the doctors and nurses just came in, with a called out warning that they were entering, so Yao wouldn't be taken by surprise.

He stood up, walking slowly to the door, and wishing he could see who exactly was standing outside. Of course, he didn't just want to open the door. What if it was one of the doctors he feared most? At the same time, perhaps it was someone he knew, maybe one of his sisters or brothers.

"Who is it?" he finally asked through the door, his hand resting on the knob, ready to hold it shut, if this was someone he didn't want to see. Part of him hoped it was someone he could actually talk to. It wasn't that he disliked all people...just some of them.
Back to top Go down
Hong Kong

Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Well, he should have expected that, really he should have. No one knocked in this place. Though it was the proper thing to do it was completely out of context. Hei cursed himself inwardly, he was just not thinking today at all. Now what to say, mentioning that he was a guard would probably not be the best idea right off the bat, most of the patients didn't like him much because of it. It was nothing personal, but it was his job to take them down if they were causing problems. So then what to say? Just a simple introduction he guessed.

"Ah, my name is Wang Hei, I'm from Hong Kong. I have this, tea- and I uh, though you might like some. No one else here seems to enjoy it- really- so I have lots of it..." That wasn't exactly true. It was his last bag of it, but he could easily have some more imported.

But wait, what if he didn't even like tea? Granted, it was rare in China for someone not to like tea, but it was entirely possible. If that was true then he'd just blown any chance of spending time with the person closest to him culturally.

Well, he'd already said it, so might as well just wait for a response. He'd think up something else if he had to.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Wang Hei...so this man was Chinese as well. Certainly, Wang was a common name, so they weren't actually related, but still, this was someone who might at least understand his desire to go home again. Yao didn't recognize the name either, so he decided the visitor was unlikely to be one of the doctors.

Tea really did sound inviting. He never got real tea anymore...it was always that awful European tea. Hoping that he was making the right decision, he opened the door slowly, looking at the man behind it. He could tell just by looking at him that this man wasn't a doctor. All the doctors wore those ridiculous white coats...it was as though they wanted everyone to die. Of course, Yao knew that the color white didn't have the same implication of death in Europe that it did in China...that didn't make it any less unsettling.

"Ah, you may come in, aru," he said, as he realized he'd been staring at the man. He stepped away from the door, pulling it open more to give him more room. "I haven't seen you around here before. Are you another patient?" he asked, his voice falling into its more hospitable, welcoming tone, now that he felt like this man wasn't a threat.
Back to top Go down
Hong Kong

Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:37 pm

The man was looking at him as if expected Hei to assault him with a deadly weapon. But after a few moments of looking him over the other's featurs sofended a little and he motioned for Hei to come in.

Hei was about to take him up on that offer before the inevitable question. What did he do here. Before entering and potentially putting himself into a dangerous situation Hei decided that it was best to just get this out of the way. As much as he wanted to get along with this man first and formost he was a patient here, and Hei was staff.

"I'm actually the head guard of the asylum. But I haven't noticed any dangerous behavior from you, and thought you wuoldn't mind some company."

Hei stood up taller, trying to seem straight laced and honest. He wouldn't deny he was nervous. No matter what happened he didn't want to have to use force on this man, and blow any chance of even a passive friendship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Yao tensed, prepared to go on the offensive when he heard that he was talking to the head guard. "You...are you honestly just here to keep me company, or are you going to drag me away, or force me into some treatment?" he asked, his voice accusatory. Reasonably, it was unlikely that was what the man was here to do. He wasn't really armed or anything, and why would he have brought tea if he was here to bring Yao down?

Yao stepped back, laughing darkly to himself. "It's not as though I could stop you, if that's what you were here to do," he said, his voice sounding vaguely weak. "Just...come in. Even if you're here to do something to me, or to trick me into something, since there's nothing I can do, I might as well just accept the offer of company, aru," he finished, sighing a little.

He walked back over to the bed, gesturing at it. "You can sit here, if you like. I haven't really got any chairs, though I'd like to get one sometime soon, aru," he said, taking a seat on the end of the bed, keeping his eyes pinned to the newcomer.
Back to top Go down
Hong Kong

Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Well, that hadn't gone well, but that was to be expected. Considering how badly it could have gone perhaps that was a decent response. Hei nodded stiffly and took a seat on the bed, just as the other man had instructed.

"I could talk to the nurses. About getting you a chair, I mean. I'm sure I could convince them it would be find...." That might have been going a little far on his own. It was unprofessional to get attached to a patient and give them special treatment. He knew that, but here he was. Maybe he really was homesick.

Disregarding the thought Hei placed down the plastic bag he had brought with him and produced the tea, handing it to the other man.

"Its my favorite type from home, hopefully you'll like it." Hei then reached into the bag once more and produced his small hot water dispenser. "We should have plenty for a few cups between the two of us..."

He looked over at the nearby sink, then looked back at the other man. Hei was in the other man's territory now, and if he was not to get up and fill the water heater then he would not be moving. He didn't want to overstep his bounds in this man's domain, so he was hoping that the other would give him permission to start heating the water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Yao kept his eyes on the other man, but they slowly started to soften. Hei (that's what he said his name was, wasn't it?) wasn't giving him the dark, sick feeling so many other people gave him. The feeling he had when he was near his half-brother, or the doctors...he wasn't getting it now. He couldn't help but be thankful for that. After all, it wasn't as though he enjoyed feeling anxious around certain people.

He raised an eyebrow as he listened to the other man's offer, looking slightly confused. "You would do that?" he asked softly. "Well, it's not important. I understand the policies about how none of you are really supposed to like any of us, aru," he said, with "you" referring to anyone who worked there, and "us" referring to those being treated. "Besides, I have family to contact, even if one of them did betray me," he said, his last words coming out in a dull hiss of frustration. "I'm just waiting for them to send me something, like they did with my other things." Even so, he couldn't help but be struck by just how kind it was of this guard to offer something like that.

He took the tea in his hand, and sniffed it to determine the flavor. "Jasmine, aru?" he asked, glancing up at the other man. "It smells like it..." he added, setting the bag on the bed.

He sensed the other man's reluctance to do anything, and guessed it was because of his less-than-welcoming tense behavior earlier. "You can fill that, while I get the cups, yes?" he asked, standing up and walking to the cupboard. "My sister sent them from home," he added fondly, taking the small tea set out, and setting it on the bedside table.
Back to top Go down
Hong Kong

Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:30 pm

"Yes, its Jasmine. I have quite a fondness for it." Hei got up as the other man had instructed and walked over to the sink. He took the chance to look around the room. It was definitely different from the little back and white picture he often saw flashing across the monitors in his room. This room was actually rather colorful, with plants and the regular furnishings of a place that was well lived in.

It kind of made him home sick too. It was a well furnished, lived in space. His own room was a hodge podge of machinery and junk that happened to coexist in the same living space he did. And this room was actually bigger then his now that he thought about it. He'd never felt unhappy about his accommodations before, because they were as cheap as they came, but the more he was in this room, this very much alive room, all he could compare to was his stale little existence.

Hei was snapped from his thoughts when he heard the clinking of the tea set on the small bed side table, and he shook his head slightly to rid himself of such thoughts. It would do no good to be getting all sentimental now after he'd practically ran away from home.

He waited a few more moments for the container to completely fill before hoisting it up and placing it beside the tea set on the small bed side table. With a few clicks of the buttons it buzzed to life.

"It will be the right temperature in a little while."

Hei searched for something to say while they waited, and finally came to something.

"You, still haven't introduced yourself...yet." True, he could have just looked it up, but somehow that seemed like cheating, so Hei had never done so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Room 335: Wang Yao's Room   Room 335: Wang Yao's Room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Room 335: Wang Yao's Room
Page 1 of 1