Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ecuador

Ecuador

Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Empty
PostSubject: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:13 am

Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Aquari10

The fact that Dr. Jaramillo loves nature is no surprise to anyone who walks into her office. Andrea likes to create a friendly, comfortable atmosphere. She's usually not such a big spender, but she does not regret purchasing her 60 gallon aquarium desk, since the patients seem to enjoy it as well. Just try not to get too distracted by the fish!
Back to top Go down
Colombia

Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Finally, she was able to get out of her little personal 'Hell of a room' as she liked to call it. Walking down the hallways beside a male nurse, she pondered whether or not to go to her new assigned doctor, or head to group therapy. If she went to her doctor, she would be sitting in a nice comfy chair, relaxing, without the worry of being stabbed.

If she went to Group Therapy, well.. She would have to sit in the worst chair she had ever had the unwanted privilege to sit in, be harrassed by mornic idiots, and possible stabbed if that Belarussian girl came close to her. Oh, don't get her wrong, she loved to see the fights going on in there when she wasn't in it, and Natalya was so.. Intriguing when she was pissed off. How she would lunge for Gilbert's throat, or try to harm the person sitting next to her. It was always a pleasure to watch the emotions run across her face.

Valentina let out a small sigh, turning left, towards the private therapy rooms. She might as well get a good look at her new doctor. Maybe it would be a handsome male? Or to spice things up, a beautiful female? The Colombian smirked at the thought and knocked on the door lightly, before walking in without an invitation. She looked around the room, taking in it's features.

It was nice, homey, smelt good. The desk was what fascinated her the most though. It was part aquarium?! Oh, yeah, too bad she didn't have ADD or she would be having a ball watching the little fishies swimming around in there, making their 'glub glub' sounds. The brunette looked up at the woman behind the desk, licking her lips to wet them. She looked standard, nothing too.. Distinct about her. Well, except for her eyes, what a pretty color.

An average build, strong looking figure, some curves here and there. Her eyes were a pretty color, a nice warm green, but her hair contrasted with her outlook so much.. Valentina walked forward, plopping into the chair gracefully. How did she do it gracefully? Practice. A lot of practice. 

Leaning against the desk, the Colombian flashed a smile, tilting her head to the side.

"Well, aren't you the pretty one~" She cooed teasingly, deeming in her mind that she would eventually give this one a run for her money. How she would do it? Well, she'd wing it and use almost every little thing to her advantage to get rid of her.
Back to top Go down
Ecuador

Ecuador

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Global Asylum’s newest doctor was currently a bundle of nerves. She had adjusted to life at the hospital fast enough- moving in comfortably, organizing patient files and information, working out a schedule…preparing to lead her first group therapy session. It wasn’t scheduled until later that afternoon, but Andrea was already both looking forward to and dreading it. She had been so busy planning that she had almost forgotten she had an appointment later that morning before the session started. It was only about half an hour before the patient walked in that she remembered to look over her information one more time and prepare her questions for this therapy session. It wasn’t difficult, but the doctor still chided herself for doing things last minute. Usually she was better than this.

Andrea looked up as the door opened and her patient walked in. Valentina Ramírez. She was a small Hispanic woman with voluminous brown hair and green eyes very similar to the doctor’s own. Andrea smiled with delight at the curious look the patient gave to her fish tank desk. The doctor was, after all, very proud of it. She felt it gave her office a more lively atmosphere and helped calm people down- herself at the very least. The Ecuadorian loved both water and nature, so having the fish swimming below her paperwork was a great pleasure. Now was not time to get distracted, though.

She greeted Valentina as she sat down before her and was a little taken aback by the woman’s first comment. What kind of thing was that to say to your new doctor? Andrea shook it off, though. She needed to stay as professional as possible, and even her patient’s flattery couldn’t be allowed to jeopardize that.

“Nice of you to say so,” Andrea replied with a casual smile. She had always though her looks average at best, but she wouldn’t reject the compliment completely. “My name is Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, but Dr. Jaramillo is fine. It’s nice to meet you, Valentina. Please make yourself comfortable. You can stay in that seat or move to the chaise longue if you prefer,” she said, gesturing to the comfortable piece of furniture on the other side of the room. “As soon as you like, we can begin your therapy session.”

She kept her voice as friendly as possible, but it was still clear that Andrea was in control. Her emerald eyes were locked coolly on the other woman’s as if she was measuring her up, something she often did when she first met someone, especially if it was someone she would have to assess later. She had read about this woman’s disorders and was prepared to address them, and if all went well, she would have Valentina out of this hospital soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Colombia

Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Valentina gave Andrea a smile, sitting down. She leaned against the desk, staring her in the eye, and continued to smile. She blinked, staring up at her, before looking to the fish in the tank.

"Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo.." Valentina murmured, tracing the glass outline of the desk. "Did your mother name you that, or did your father? It's quite the name, I must say. Almost got tongue-tied myself." The brunette murmured, looking back up at her doctor. 

Leaning back in her chair, she brought her legs up, tucking them underneath her before setting her hands in her lap. She loved the way the doctor measured her up, she would have fun with this one.. Valentina saw a little plaything in her doctor. It would be so much fun to watch her grow frustrated as Valentina changed her story from session to session, it was always like that and each doctor had almost the same reaction, just a little bit different.

Looking at the files resting neatly on Andrea's desk, she smiled again before looking at Andrea with a straight face. 

"Don't you already know my files? My background? Did they finally get the actual background on me?" Valentina asked, smiling. She propped her head up on her hand, resting on the desk, and poked at the glass. She stared at the fish in the tank, following a small yellow one. 

Valentina ran her hand through her hair, looking back at Dr. Jaramillo. "Do you like your job? Is it fun?" She asked, curiousity flickering in her eyes. Meeting her gaze, she narrowed her eyes slightly, still smiling, and moved back, leaning against the back of her chair.
Back to top Go down
Ecuador

Ecuador

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:49 pm

“I’m named after my mother,” Andrea replied patiently, a bit surprised at the remark. No one ever commented about her name, and she had never even thought about it much herself. It was her name and always had been, so of course she tended to take it for granted. Was it even worthy of conversation? The doctor was not surprised when the other woman quickly moved on to a different topic.

Andrea opened her mouth to respond, but before she could, Valentina was already asking her more questions, this time about her job. The doctor chose to ignore them, picking up the file in front of her instead. She had studied the information carefully, taking special note of the comments left by past doctors. The Ecuadorian frowned a bit, remembering how contradictory and scattered the notes had been. It seemed that Valentina liked to confuse her doctors…either that, or she wasn’t mentally stable enough to recall facts correctly. Whatever was the case, Andrea knew she wouldn’t be able to trust her words completely. The pyromania and insomnia seemed to be the only solid facts all the reports agreed on. But this wasn’t just about learning new information directly from her patient. This was Valentina’s chance to express herself and give Andrea the opportunity to get to know her patient. The doctor wanted to get an idea of how this woman thought.

Her patient looked like she had made herself comfortable, so Andrea took that as a cue to start questioning her.

“Why don’t you tell me about yourself, Valentina? Forget the file. I want to know your history from your own perspective.”

She pulled a stray strand of black hair behind her ear and smiled at her patient, green eyes staring at her in expectation.
Back to top Go down
Colombia

Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Valentina had been attempting to buy herself some time to think of a story. She already had a solid base for it but she just needed to fill in the blanks. Resting her head oher hand, she watched Andrea flip through her file, smiling triumphantly to herself at the look. Valentina finally let out a sigh when she was asked about her history, sitting back to spin a tale for her new doctor.

"I was born into a very poor family. Had eight siblings, three brothers, five sisters, not including me. I was one of the middle children, always looked over, always second best. Not as adorable as the last, or better than the first. Mama and Papa liked to play favorites, Nana, too. It started when I was eight, all this nonsense. I knew I had been different, I mean, who couldn't? With so many siblings, something had to be wrong with at least one..

Mama was taking illegal drugs when I was in her womb and I guess that's how it started. Before I was born.. When I was eight, I was taken over by the urge to burn at least something. It started with the cat's tail, ay dios mio I got a beating." Valentina paused to let all of this sink into her doctor before she continued. "I kept burning things whenever I could. And guess what? I ended up burning the house down. Could you see the headlines? 'Girl Survives Fire That Kills Eleven'. To me, it was great. The feeling! I started to get money after that, since my parents died before I was of legal age, and I lived off of that till I was eighteen. Well, I would have.. Some how, I got cut off, fell through the cracks. They only remembered me when I was told to-.. When I set fire to that forest just outside of town here.." She said, quickly catching herself.

Valentina leaned back, sighing. "What I did from the time my family died, till the time I was put under survellance, I can't quite remember," She lied, "I just can't bring myself to remember such horrible things. You know?"
Back to top Go down
Ecuador

Ecuador

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:55 am

Andrea nodded as her patient spoke, holding a notepad and taking notes in her quick, scratchy handwriting. She didn’t really care if all the details of Valentina’s story were true, to be honest. The important thing was to record whatever the patient told her so she could assess the state of Valentina’s mind for herself. If not everything she said was true, why did she feel the need to invent stories? Did she have a memory problem or was she trying to manipulate the doctor in some way? Andrea knew better than to take her words seriously. The reports made it obvious that Valentina tended to change her story, consciously or not.

The Ecuadorian paused for a moment when her patient slipped up, not missing the words “told to.” Could her patient be more than “mildly” schizophrenic, as it said in her file? Maybe this impulse to set things on fire was accompanied by imaginary voices telling her to do so. Andrea’s lip quirked as she considered this and listened to the rest of Valentina’s story quietly.

“I see…” she replied calmly, looking down at her papers again. “I know you’ve talked about it before, though, Valentina. At least, you’ve told other doctors stories about what happened to you during that time, but the details don’t seem to match up. Have you forgotten or do you feel the trauma has affected your memory?”

Andrea didn’t want to accuse her patient of lying outright, but it did not fall out of the realm of possibility in her mind. She just had to stay professional and try not to upset her patient the best she could.
Back to top Go down
Colombia

Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Valentina started to twirl her hair between her fingers, looking down at the aquarium desk as her doctor wrote. She looked up briefly when the other spoke and shrugged, looking back at the desk.

"I've forgotten," The brunette began, looking up at Dr. Jaramillo. She put on a smile, crossing her hands in her lap, and leaned forward. "I've forgotten what the stories were. Could you maybe refresh my memory? There has to be something in each that is true, maybe, I can't remember." She said, still smiling.

Leaning back in her chair, Valentina stretched and looked around for a clock. When she read the time, she frowned, lunch was so far away it seemed. Recrossing her arms across her chest, Valentina's feet started to fidget and, looking at Andrea, she licked her lips. Trying to look at the words on the doctor's notepad, the Colombian raised an eyebrow, attempting to read upside down.

"You know, if you want to write something down, you could write that I'm a compulsive liar." Valentina said, eyes flicking up to meet Andrea's. "Or that could be a lie. Who knows?"
Back to top Go down
Ecuador

Ecuador

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:36 am

Andrea frowned slightly at her patient’s words and looked up at Valentina again. So she was admitting it…The doctor thought it was a shame, really. She didn’t like to be lied to, but with her profession, she knew it would be inevitable. After all, most of the patients here seemed to be carrying around a lot of baggage they probably wouldn’t be too eager to share. It was her job to coax the truth out of them and get them to admit their problems to themselves by confessing them to her. Andrea felt kind of like a priest sometimes, but instead of people coming to her to free themselves by asking for forgiveness, she had to interrogate them until they recognized what their problem was or gave her enough clues to determine it for herself. Valentina would be an especially difficult case, though, if she insisted on keeping the truth evasive. Andrea knew a direct approach wasn't going to work with her. She needed to get closer first...

“No, Valentina,” the doctor replied, putting her pencil down and looking at her patient with a serious expression that evolved into a softer, friendlier one. “I don’t want to write down anything like that. I want you to be honest with me. I’m here to help you; that’s my job. I’m not your enemy, and though I may not have earned it yet, I hope that eventually you’ll be able to trust me. Por favor. Te prometo que soy tu amiga así como soy su terapista.”

She wasn’t sure if other doctors had ever spoken Spanish with this patient, but Andrea thought it might help. Usually people felt more comfortable in their native languages, and she was prepared to conduct the whole session in Spanish if necessary. This was probably one of the reasons Valentina had been assigned to her. She really wanted to take the woman out of the doctor-patient role for a moment and try talking to her like a friend to see if she could get her to open up before digging into the more painful topics. Trust was the most important objective right now. Andrea didn’t want to be just another doctor that failed to make any progress with Valentina.

“Así que usted dice que ha olvidado su pasado. Está bien. No tenemos que hablar de eso ahora mismo, si usted no quieres. Hábleme de usted, Valentina. ¿Quién eres tú?"

Who are you? It was a loaded question…Andrea was curious to see how Valentina would answer it.

Translations:

“Please. I promise you that I’m your friend just as I am your therapist.”

“You said that you’ve forgotten your past. That’s okay. We don’t have to talk about that right now if you don’t want to. Tell me about yourself, Valentina. Who are you?"

Back to top Go down
Colombia

Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Valentina watched in mind amusement as her doctor set the pencil down. She kept that look while on the inside her emotions wreaked havoc on her mind. Thoughts darting here and there, whispers of her past flittering slightly over the seemingly unbreakable mental block she had put up.

The thoughts and whispers seemed to increase as her doctor began to speak in Spanish to her. Yes, she spoke it fluently, and yes, this brought back memories of her childhood, the good times. Licking her lips, Valentina thought about the question. Who was she anyway? A liar, cheat, some would call her a criminal.

"¿Quién soy yo?" She asked, wondering what exactly the other meant. Andrea didn't want to hear about her past? She wanted to know her? As she thought this over, a nagging voice in the back of her head whispered to her. She's just using you. Trying to confuse you. Don't give into her, Valentina, don't. If you do, then they'll have you. Valentina didn't like the feeling of being trapped. It made her.. Uncomfortable. Sure, she could be trapped in a room, no problem, but when she was figuratively trapped, now that was most definately a problem.

"¿Quién soy yo, te preguntarás? Soy Valentina Ramírez. Me engañan, mienten, y es imposible para mí para mejorar." She said, looking down. She took on a childlike appearance then, seeming to revert back to her old self, her younger self. Impossible is just a word weak people use to get out of trying. I've already given up. She thought, looking back up at Andrea, her amused gaze returning.

Translations:

¿Quién soy yo?: Who am I?

¿Quién soy yo, te preguntarás? Soy Valentina Ramírez. Me engañan, mienten, y es imposible para mí para mejorar.: Who am I, you ask? I'm Valentina Ramírez. I lie, cheat, and it's impossible for me to get better.

Back to top Go down
Ecuador

Ecuador

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Andrea listened to Valentina carefully, leaving her pencil where it lay and giving her patient her full attention. She wanted to know what the woman thought, how she identified herself. It would be easy enough to just ask a series questions and have Valentina respond to them, but the doctor much preferred this kind of open-ended question. There was no prompting, no hints, just her patient’s (hopefully) honest answer. Even if she was shielding herself with false words, it was still worth noting which ones she chose to use.

The doctor frowned slightly when her patient had finished and leaned back in her chair. It was depressing to hear such pessimism. Andrea was very optimistic herself, and hearing hopeless words like these seriously brought down her mood. But she had to maintain control of the situation. She couldn’t let Valentina think that all this therapy and her stay at this asylum was pointless.

“Yo no creo que es imposible,” she told her after a moment of deep thought. “Pero te digo algo. Si tu no quieres a mejorate, no vas a poder hacerlo. No hay un medicina para lo que tienes, Valentina…pero si hay una cura. Tienes que creer que puedes cambiar. Si no lo haves, seras tu mas grande obstaculo.”

She leaned forward again, offering Valentina a friendly and inviting look. She wanted the other woman to feel comfortable with her. She had noticed the doubt when her patient had hesitated earlier and the way she had looked almost helpless after what she had said before the haughtier look that she wore now. Andrea felt that she had glimpsed the real Valentina for a moment, and she wanted to get her back. She wanted to support that person trapped inside her patient. Trust was not something easily won, though. The doctor didn’t need much experience to know that. It was just human nature to hide and protect what was painful to reveal, and Valentina was no exception. In fact, she was almost as bad as such a case got. Andrea waited patiently, hoping for a response so she wouldn’t have to elicit one.

Translations: “I don’t think it’s impossible. But I’ll tell you something. If you don’t want to get better, you won’t be able to do it. There’s no medicine for what you have, Valentina…but there is a cure. You have to believe that you can change. If you don’t, you’ll remain your biggest obstacle of all.”

(btw, Squeaker, don't forget your friends in HP!)
Back to top Go down
Colombia

Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:14 pm

At her words, Valentina was considering opening up, while also yelling at herself for showing weakness. That is, until she heard the words about believing. Did this crazywoman really think that simy believing insomething could make one better? She must be absolutely crazy! Valentina's eyes narrowed as she leaned forward, resting her arms on the table.

"Believing is for the simple minded, it's stupid. Do you really think believing in something can just make it go away with a snap of the fingers? Hah, honey, you must be out of your mind. Believing that you're going to get off the streets doesn't mean you're gonna, doing is what gets you off the streets. Hoping is for the stupid, who have given up everything else." she said before leaning back in her chair, arms crossed in front of her face.

Now wearing no expression, she tilted her chin up to look down her nose at the other. Her brown eyes didn't waver as she watched the other, waiting for her little happy go lucky response. Just like every doctor. 'Seeing is believing and believing is seeing and all that crap!' Stupid. 'I'll see myself getting better when I'm looking at a piece of paper, recording my progress.' she thought. As she stared at the other, she took in her face and started to profile her. Must have grown up in a nice family, probably where she got that happy go lucky attitude from, most likely rich, high class, probably has a nice dog or cat, maybe a bird..

Of course, now she was just thinking of random stuff, trying to get her mind off of the words that the other had spoken.. Believing doesn't work. Doing does. And quite honestly, she liked it there, besides the shots and medicine and counseling.. It was home.
Back to top Go down
Ecuador

Ecuador

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:19 am

Andrea’s soft smile faltered when she heard Valentina’s words. She didn’t appreciate the tone the other was using or the obvious pessimism behind her response. They both angered and frustrated her, especially with the way the woman was looking at her now. The doctor had to keep her face from turning completely sour, though. She was an adult, a professional. Professionals didn’t bicker with patients about who was right or wrong, and they certainly didn’t get angry about what was obviously the root of the problem. This woman was mentally ill. It was more important to pay attention to her attitude and way of thinking in order to use this information to determine the best way to help her recover. Andrea took a deep breath and gave Valentina a considering look before speaking, switching back to English as the other had done.

“You’re right. Believing is not enough to cure the problem on its own. But your problem begins with your own mentality. If you want to fix it, your mind is the first place you have to start. Good things won’t come to you without effort, but they need an entrance, and you need to be willing to let them in. Consider the alternative- if you give up without trying and deny any possibility of getting better, then it simply won’t happen. It will be blocked because there is no way for it to enter your life.”

Andrea stopped, wondering if her words were getting through at all. If Valentina was as skeptical as she seemed, she’d likely just shrug them off. It was better to get her to talk more than to force the woman to listen to words she likely didn’t want to hear.

“Tell me something, Valentina,” she started. “What is the one thing in life you want more than anything else?”
Back to top Go down
Colombia

Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Valentina peered off to the side, not wanting to look at the other at the moment. She was probably going to start going on and on about how 'You need to put some effort in this' and 'Be able to accept some things' and blah. She'd heard it many times before: from doctors, her 'friends', judges, police officers, the whole nine yards. 

And then her 'doctor' started, talking about basically what she knew she was going to say. Andrea's words went in one ear and out the other as Valentina picked at her nails, obviously not listening or caring. Of course, she heard the words and retained few, but those few stayed in her mind and popped out whenever she thought of them. Finally looking back at the other, she played with her hair and tapped her foot on the ground, just waiting for her to finish. 

"You done now?" She asked when Andrea appeared to be finished, but then, her next question kind of sent her mind wandering, and slightly into shock, and all she could do was stare at Andrea. Did she seriously want her to answer that truthfully? Scratching her cheek, Valentina looked off and appeared to grow slightly nervous, then back to her stoic self, before she returned her gaze back to her doctor. "What I want most?" She asked, tapping her chin. 'To be loved' she thought, while her mouth said "To get out of here."
Back to top Go down
Ecuador

Ecuador

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 am

The doctor didn’t miss the look on her patient’s face before the other answered her question. Was Valentina covering up a lie? Nevertheless, Andrea scribbled down the woman’s answer without even looking at the paper below her. So she wants to get out of here… Judging by the records, Valentina had been in captivity for quite some time. Andrea knew some of the past doctors had probably asked her the same question. If Valentina had answered the same, Andrea could already guess what the other doctors’ responses had been: “If that’s so, then you have to let me help you” or maybe “Keep that goal in mind and keep coming to therapy.” Something along those lines. Well, things were about to go a little differently this time around. Andrea wasn’t one to repeat the same useless words to patients like a broken record. She was going to get through to Valentina, even if she had to do it unconventionally.

“What if I told you,” she started, “that I could sign a release form right now? What’s the first thing you would do after you walked out that door? Why is getting out of here the thing you desire most?”

She waited patiently for her answer, tapping her pen on the pad where she was writing her notes.
Back to top Go down
Colombia

Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Her eyebrows knitted together slightly as she thought of the others question, or answer, whatever it's considered now.. Usually doctors would say something like 'Let me help you' or 'I'll help you through this', along with some other bogus crap that comes spewing from their mouth. But this. . What would she do if she were to get out right now. Valentina clicked her tongue, scratching her arm slightly, and slumped back in her chair. Her facial features softened slightly when she thought of her mother and her family's grave. .

"Yo iría a ver la tumba de mi familia. ." she murmured, not thinking about what she spoke. Her eyes widened slightly, staring at her legs as she realized what she said. Usually she could get away with speaking Spanish because none of her previous doctors spoke it, and that's partially why the hospital hired a bilingual doctor so tha they could understand what she was saying most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Ecuador

Ecuador

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:31 am

Andrea looked at her patient in interest as the other spoke. So it seemed like she had decided to switch back to Spanish…The doctor was relieved about that. For some reason, she felt like Valentina was being more honest when the patient spoke in her native tongue. It was certainly more natural for Andrea to speak Spanish as well, and she had a feeling that she was going to have an easier time getting through to the Colombian as long as she continued to use it. The asylum had made the right choice assigning her to this woman.

“Bueno. Ahora imagínate que estás allí. ¿Hay algo que quieres hacer? ¿Algo que quieres decir?”

She wished that she really could take Valentina to her family’s grave and give her the chance to make peace with her obviously traumatic past, but she wasn’t even sure where the woman’s family was buried. It could be far, far away from here, in Valentina’s home country, even, and besides, it was unlikely that the institute would be willing to let her out of custody just yet, even for a short time. Nevertheless, Andrea had to try to get some answers from her and determine the feelings that Valentina connected with her deceased family members.

Translation: “Okay. Now imagine that you are there. Is there something you want to do? Something you want to say?”
Back to top Go down
Colombia

Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:19 am

The brunette woman chewed on her bottom lip and toyed with her hair, squirming in her seat. What would she like to say to her family? Of course there were many things she wanted to say, wanted to do. She wanted to yell up at the sky, asking why they all left her, why they abandoned her. She wanted to weep and lay on the ground, trying to be close to them once more, like how it used to be. Valentina let out a ragged breathe, staring at her hands. She was shaking. How could this doctor get her to be this way? That was one of the many thoughts zooming through her brain at the moment. Closing her eyes, Valentina tried to let out a steady breath.

"Yo te perdono. . ." The Colombian woman whispered. "Yo te perdono. . " She repeated, closing her eyes this time. Leaning forward, she rested her forehead against the other's desk, staring down into the waters and at the multi-colored fish. "No es culpa tuya, mamá. Aún te amo. . ." Valentina said against the glass, causing it to fog up slightly. Resting her head on her arms for a few moments, the woman slowly sat up and looked down at her lap, composing herself, before raising her head to meet the gaze of her doctor. She really didn't know how she looked right now-- the glass didn't provide that good of a reflection-- but she was curious. Were her eyes red and puffy? Did she look emotionless? One thing was for sure, she didn't have that cock look on her face anymore.

Translations:
"I forgive you. . ."
"It's not your fault, Mom, I still love you. . ."

[[Omg I am so sorry I never replied to this! I had no idea this was here ;; Forgive me?]]
Back to top Go down
Ecuador

Ecuador

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:43 am

It seemed Andrea's patient was breaking down in front of her. As painful as it was to watch, the doctor knew it was necessary. Valentina needed to release her emotions and confront her feelings about her family. Watching her do it now was rather heartbreaking. It appeared she had a lot of resentment she had been holding onto, directing the blame towards her family and particularly her mother. What had happened between them? Andrea tried to remember the reports, how her patient's family had died in a fire when Valentina was very young. It must have been the trauma from that incident that had shaped Valentina into such a self-destructive person. Maybe she was asking her long gone family for forgiveness since they hadn't been able to stop what she had become. Andrea made some quick notes and leaned a bit closer to the other woman.

"Valentina...Que te hicieron? Que les has perdonado?"

She reached out and put a tentative hand on her patient's shoulder. She wasn't sure how Valentina would react to the touch, but hoped it was more comforting than alarming.

Translation: "What did they do to you? What did you forgive them for?"

(Better late than never? XD; Sorry, Squeaker! *hug*)
Back to top Go down
Colombia

Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 7:17 pm

She just kept her eyes closed, not wanting to open them, not wanting to risk seeing the images of her family flash before her eyes. She had already dealt with that crap when she was alone at night, laying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Or worse, when she was asleep, because she could never seem to break free. Never get out. . To feel the burning sensation wash over her, tainting her, changing her, when she had thought she was doing so good, she was only knocked back down.

Her breathing was a bit ragged now, as she tried to form words, if she was really conscious of what she was doing, she would sure as hell be surprised with herself. not once had she ever opened up to any doctor, so why is this one different? Was it the way she spoke to her? Or the way that she hadn't been swayed by Valentina's harsh words? Either way, it was still puzzling.

When her doctor touched her though, it seemed to snap her out of her trance, and she quickly jolted upright. Almost having fallen out of her chair, Valentina gripped the edges of it, staring at the other Spanish woman with her eyes wide.

"I don't think this is very good." Her words were clipped, it was as if she had reverted back to the Valentina she had been when she had walked into the room.

[[/hugs back/ It's ok! o u o ]]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.   Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Office of Dr. Andrea Ojeda Jaramillo, M.D.
Page 1 of 1