Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
United States

United States

[Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America] Empty
PostSubject: [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]   [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:46 am

Amelia Jones posts are in blue.
Alfred Jones posts are in dark blue.
Matthew Williams posts are in dark red.
Madeline Williams posts are in red.

Spoiler:

Last edited by United States on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
United States

United States

PostSubject: Re: [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]   [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:36 am

RP up until this point.

Spoiler:

Three Days Later

Spoiler:

Two Days Later

Spoiler:

A Week Later(?)

Spoiler:

Last edited by United States on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Canada

Canada

PostSubject: Re: [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]   [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:57 am

Matthew didn't have to think twice to believe what Alfred was telling him about Amelia. He could already see the woman was not something to be toyed with, even if he would do something like that, but he was a gentleman and his intentions were serious. He really did like Amelia, she was a free spirit not like every other lady she had encountered, they were all worried about the gossip and the high society and what style of dress was more fashionable. Matthew couldn't care about those things and he didn't, and to find someone as beautiful as Amelia who didn't care about half of those either had been a blessing.

"I plan to court her Sir, I want your sister to love me as much as I'm beginning to love her. Maybe one day ask her to marry me. And I would very much like your blessing if you are willing to give it away to someone like me." He bowed low to show his respect, but couldn't help the nervousness that crept up his back and made his palms sweaty. "I promise to be the best I can be for Amelia Sir. I am not rich, but I come from a good Christian family and I have more than enough to support us both."

Back to top Go down
United States

United States

PostSubject: Re: [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]   [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:08 am

He still had his reservations about this. The slight to his family, by Matthew, was rather big, even if Amelia had been just as much to blame as the Canadian. But Amelia was fit to kill him if he didn't give Matthew this chance. Still, the last thing Al really wanted was to give his blessing to something like this. A good family or not, Matthew was a railroad worker, meaning he'd likely leave when the railroad was complete, find work somewhere else, and Amelia would probably follow him. The idea of his sister leaving, the only family Alfred had left, hurt. He couldn't run the ranch alone, and even though he was getting to the age where he was expected to settle down himself, he was afraid of being alone in that house, with his sister gone to possibly never be seen or heard from again.

"When the railroad is done, what do you plan to do?" It wasn't what he should have asked. In fact, according to Amelia, Alfred shouldn't be asking anything. he should be automatically giving Matthew his best wishes on his plans to woo her. But this needed to be known before hand, he had to know what the plan was. Had to know just what all he was giving up before he let this man steal his only family from him. To be fair, and hopefully settle at least a few of the other's obvious worries, he added, "I need to know, before I can give anythan'."
Back to top Go down
Canada

Canada

PostSubject: Re: [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]   [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:23 am

It wasn't what he was expecting to hear. He had hoped for an approval and a few warnings, or in the worse case scenario a complete refusal that he would have to work around with. But he hadn't expected any talk about his future or about anything really. This man seemed angry enough to not want to make small talk with the enemy. Still, now that the question was asked he had to answer... he thought about lying first but this man seemed to really care about his sister and he deserved the truth.

"I don't know. I honestly have no idea. I took this job because things back home were... not good. My father wanted to marry off my sister and wanted to give me job in a mine. Miners don't live long, so I found a job and I took my sister with me so she could escape that. And here we are, trying our luck but we don't have a settle future Sir. I guess what you wanted to hear is that I do, that I know exactly what I'm doing of this life god sent me, but truth is I don't, I just hope Amelia can be by my side when it comes time to figure it out."

Back to top Go down
United States

United States

PostSubject: Re: [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]   [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:35 am

It wasn't the answer he really wanted, but then... nothing would have made him happy, short of hearing that Matthew had not planned to leave to go anywhere. And he'd known that wasn't going to be the answer. If nothing else, Alfred supposed this answer was adequate. He knew that miners lives were harder then most, and Matthew had done what he'd needed to get away from being that, and had apparently protected his sister from being married off as well. Alfred could appreciate a hard worker, and someone who cared about their family, it meant more then 'being from a good Christian family' or whether or not someone was rich.

Taking a few long minutes to mull over what Matthew had said, as well as to take a bit of pleasure in knowing Matthew was waiting for the answer. Reminding himself that no one in this town could give him an answer he liked, and Amelia's eyes were set on the man in front of him, there would be no way she would ever happily settle with anyone else unless she tried with Matthew, and it had to be by the Canadian's decision that Al's blessing was needed for it to happen at all. She'd be hell to live with if he said no now. So, Alfred held his hand out for Matthew to shake, "Alright then. Ya have my blessin'."

"Just keep in mind, ya hurt her, an' they won't find yer body." Al gave him a toothy grin, "There's all sorts o' places ta hide a body out here. An' I know them all." He was mostly joking, but only mostly.
Back to top Go down
Canada

Canada

PostSubject: Re: [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]   [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:38 am

He didn't know whether Alfred was telling the truth or not but he sure as hell wouldn't find out anytime soon. He gave a wary smile and a small nod of acknowledgment and shook the man's hand firmly.

"Understood Sir, I promise you won't have to dirty your hands burying my body anywhere. I'll take care of her, with my life if needed be. Thank you so much for the opportunity." He should have said his goodbyes and leave, but an idea scratched him at the back of his mind and he couldn't stop himself from voicing it. "Uhm, Sir. I have yet to tell my sister about any of this but I, I would like her to meet you both. And I would like Amelia to start talking to her... my sister she, she doesn't make friends easily Sir. So I was wondering if you would join us for dinner, maybe in a week or two? I promise she cooks the most delicious bacon in the face of the planet." Matthew dared a shy smile then and looked up at the man's face.

Back to top Go down
United States

United States

PostSubject: Re: [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]   [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:21 am

Matthew's grip was good, and Al rewarded his wary smile with a bright one. He was still unsure of Matthew, but at this point, there would be no good to come from scaring him further. Especially seeing how he seemed to understand that. Long as he knew Al took this all very seriously, there shouldn't be any trouble. He gave a short nod, and a gruff, "See that you do." to Matthew's promise to take care of Amelia. Alfred intended to hold the man to that, and wouldn't let him forget it, at any point in time. Though he'd do Matthew a favor and not mention that it had been made at all to Amelia. Al didn't know if she'd swoon or be annoyed, but he didn't want to see her swoon and Amelia annoyed was a bad thing to anyone in her vacinity.

He was thrown off by the invitation though. Alfred had assumed that with permission, Matthew would high tail it, like anyone else owuld have. Not hung around to invite Alfred and Amelia both to meet his sister. He wasn't too sure of how that would go over. Not that Alfred had a problem with meeting Matthew's sister, it would give him an idea of what Amelia was getting into, but... well, if Matthew was hoping Amelia would be a good friend to his sister, Al wasn't so sure how well Matthew knew Amelia yet. She'd never been good at working with other women. "I, and I'm sure Amelia, would enjoy that. It would be a pleasure to have dinner with ya both, just let Amelia know when you decide when."

With that, Al wasn't sure what else could be said between them. This experiance had been awkward, and strange on both their parts, and he was ready for a break. So, glad that he had an excuse to end the whole affair, Alfred offered another, slightly strained smile, "It was good talkin' to ya, Matthew, I'm glad you had the guts to do so. But, I hafta get back ta work, before one o' the horses makes a run for it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]   [Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Old West AU] Western Affairs [Canada/Fem!America/Fem!Canada/America]
Page 1 of 1